Marketing & Communications Intern
Job Description/ Overview:
The United States-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce (USACC) is seeking a Marketing & Communications Intern. This internship will provide support in the development of ongoing marketing strategies for recruiting new members and creating new areas of business opportunities for the Chamber. The intern will acquire valuable work experience in a fast-paced environment while gaining knowledge of U.S.-Azerbaijan relations, and making great business and other contacts in the U.S. and Azerbaijan.
Duties and Accountability:
The position requires heads-on experience implementing multimedia tools and platforms in order to engage marketing campaigns. Under the guidance and supervision of USACC management team, the responsibilities of the intern will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist with the developing and leading implementation of marketing materials, including media packets, direct mail to target key audiences, and measuring success in achieving them;
- Campaigns, marketing brochures, email blasts;
- Develop and present new membership marketing strategies for increasing the Chamber's membership;
- Planning and integrating the use of social media and other audience engagement tools as part of the chamber's communications strategy;
- Advocating and articulating proposals and ideas to improve the USACC website and social media pages.
- Master's, Bachelor's degree or Senior Students in Marketing, Communications, Business, Design or other related field;
- Relevant work/marketing/design experience is preferred;
- Excellent marketing, business development and communication skills;
- Experience in creating interactive content preparation (HTML, Photoshop, and similar software) is preferred;
- Knowledge and applied work experience in social media;
- Knowledge of Azerbaijan and the Caspian region is encouraged;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within tight deadlines;
- Organizational and time-management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player;
- Ability to meet regular attendance/ tardiness policy.
The United States - Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce (USACC) is a Washington, D.C.-based non-profit organization that seeks to promote trade and investments between the United States and Azerbaijan by rendering various business services. The USACC actively seeks U.S. and international investments and companies whose products and strategic interests can be advanced in the Azerbaijani market. It also serves as a liaison between foreign companies and Azerbaijani businesses and government officials. To learn more about the USACC, please visit www.usacc.org.
The ideal candidate must live in Washington, DC area. He/she will be paid a stipend commensurate with his/her level of experience and compensated according to work schedule.
| events view our upcoming events.
network follow us.