Qualification Requirements and How to Apply
Every year two applicants are selected to undergo an 18-months training program at the USACC. The trainees are provided with round-trip airfare between Baku and Washington, accommodation, daily allowance, and medical insurance.
Throughout the training period, the trainees work at USACC while taking graduate level courses in financial accounting, project management, public speaking, and business correspondence offered by a graduate school in Washington D.C.
USACC Trainees will be selected based on the following qualifications:
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within tight deadlines;
- Ability to plan and execute special events and functions;
- Ability to accurately perform accounting transactions, deposits, and invoicing;
- Basic knowledge of MS Office, Access and standard office equipment (IT & Web Design skills are plus);
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani.
Trainees report to the USACC Executive Director and perform the following duties:
- Answer phone and administer incoming calls;
- Receive and attend to visitors;
- Sort and distribute incoming correspondence (mail, fax, e-mail);
- Prepare and administer outgoing correspondence;
- File incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Order and maintain basic office supplies;
- Develop, maintain and utilize efficient contact database of the Chamber (access and email lists included);
- Prepare and compile marketing and other promotional materials for distribution;
- Work closely with USACC accountants and coordinate transaction operations, deposits, as well as product and service receipt and invoicing;
- Initiate, monitor, complete and file financial transactions with USACC vendors and coordinate their timely and accurate recording with the USACC accountants;
- Support other staff in daily operations of the Chamber;
- Manage and execute daily operation and regular maintenance of the Azerbaijan Trade and Cultural Center (ATCC) building (security, cleaning, utilities etc);
- Administer daily operations of Azerbaijan Gallery including but not limited to generating public interest in and viewing of the Gallery;
- Oversee purchase of required services and maintenance of basic office supplies.
- Develop and maintain membership history, including company profile and pertinent contact information;
- Market promotional campaigns for membership.
- Assist in maintenance of the USACC website;
- Help collect advertisement for USACC Business Directory and USACC Investment Guide to Azerbaijan;
- Help collect content for the USACC Business Directory and USACC Investment Guide to Azerbaijan.
| events view our upcoming events.
network follow us.